eBook & Audiobooks & Magazines
Libby/Overdrive is a free service that allows library patrons to download audiobooks, magazines, and eBooks to their home computers, iPads, smart phones or any other electronic devices that support downloads.
Just follow these simple instructions:
Install the Libby app from the app store on your Android or Apple device.
In Libby, follow the prompts to find Newhall Public Library and sign in with your library card number.
Your password is your phone number without area code.
IN THE FOOTER
- Tap 🔎 to search for titles
- Tap 🏡 to open the library collection you were most recently browsing.
- Tap 📚 to see your loans, hold, and tags for all your libraries.
- Tap 🕐 to see your timeline.
SEARCHING & BROWSING
Tap search 🔍 in the footer.
- Enter your search term (e.g., a title, author, or series name) in the search bar.
- Select a search suggestion (if available), or tap search to see all results.
To browse for titles:
- Select the library icon 🏡 in the footer.
- Scroll to see the curated collections, or select "subjects" to choose a genre or to apply your preferences for format, language, audience and availability.
SEARCHING QUICK TIPS
If a title is not available, you can place a hold
- After you place a hold, view your spot in the line by going to your Shelf 📚 and tapping Holds.
Borrowed titles appear on your shelf 📚 and download to the app automatically when you're connected to Wi-Fi, so you can read them when you're offline.
On your shelf 📚 tap loans at the top of the screen. From there, you can:
- Tap Read With ... to choose where you'd like to read the book (device) then finish sending to device and start reading in Libby.
- Tap Open in Libby to start reading or listening in the app.
- Once you find a title you would like to borrow select "Borrow" and your title will download to your device.
- Once downloaded you can Open Book, Keep Browsing, or Go to your Shelf 📚.
RETURNING BOOKS EARLY
Books are automatically returned to the library on their due date. When they're returned, they're also removed from your shelf 📚 and deleted from your device (if downloaded).
If you finish a book early, you can return it before its due date using the steps below:
- Go to shelf 📚
- Tap loans at the top of the screen.
- Tap Manage Loans.
- Tap Return Early, then Return.
- Titles are automatically returned at the end of the lending period. No late fees!
CONTACT THE LIBRARY IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.